Re: [FE] Plans for San Antonio, etc

At 02:46 PM 11/12/2004 -0800, Pat Thaler wrote:
More importantly, what we put in the standard needs to make clear whether the length field may be used with extended frames. There are at least three possible alternatives:

Type field only: Require that frames larger than 1535 bytes use a type value in the Length/Type Field.

Personally I favor the type field only alternative because I don't know of any need for the length interpretation with these frames.

I always assume that this was where we would go.

Geoff