From: **** IEEE 802.3 Frame Expansion Study Group **** [mailto:STDS-802-3-FE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Pat Thaler
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 9:05 AM
To: STDS-802-3-FE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [FE] Comment on 3.1.2

Since I may not be able to attend the FE meeting, I'd like to submit a comment on 3.1.2.

The current figure is inaccurate because it shows an FCS sourced from the MA_DATA.request with a PAD not sourced from the MA_DATA.request.

There are at least two ways this could be resolved
Make the arrow for frame check sequence a dotted line, make the Pad sides dotted, add a statement that FCS may only be sourced from the MA_DATA.request when there is no PAD.

or do two figures - one with PAD and no arrow from MA_DATA.request to PAD and one with no PAD and MA_DATA.request providing FCS.

Regards,
Pat