From: **** IEEE 802.3 Frame Expansion Study Group ****
[mailto:STDS-802-3-FE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Pat Thaler
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 10:33 AM
To: STDS-802-3-FE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [FE] State machines in 4.11

The state machines added in 4.11 don't appear to add any significant
content. Also, the transmit one is broken. The way we have used state
machines in the past, a UCT immediately transitions out of the state. It
doesn't wait for actions initiated in the state to complete. Therefore,
the transmit state machine presented will accept a new MA_DATA.request
as soon as it gets it rather than waiting until the current transmit is
done.

If the state machines are retained, the exit from
GENERATE_TRANSMIT_FRAME should be conditioned on finishing the transmit.

Regards,
Pat Thaler