[HSSG] Topics for Consideration

All,

I would like to thank all those who have joined the reflector and will be bringing information and requirements to the table in the future.  I am sure we are going to have a lot of “fun” in the future.

During our first meeting, I anticipate spending a lot of time focusing on objectives.  At the closing plenary I highlighted two issues / objectives that the SG would have to consider:

·         Tradition of 10x leap in speed

·         Multiple Reach Targets

It was also presented that the focus of this effort wasn’t for a desktop application, and that the cost model needs to be considered.

I want to encourage everyone to start thinking about these areas and to use the reflector for discussion.  This will assist everyone in providing well-thought out presentations, which will make for a better and more productive meeting in September.  J

John D’Ambrosia

Force10 Networks

Phone – 717-460-8535