Re: [HSSG] Topics for Consideration: Jumbo Frames

Title:
Joel, Mike,
   Don't jumbo frames increase latency in links where there is store and forward?

Arthur.

Both my position and that of the customers I deal with is that higher speeds, 10gbps included, is more efficient with the larger packets.
no argument from me on this one, although the actual efficiency gained comparing 1.5 K frames to 9 K frames is only ~ 2%, but when you're on the cutting/bleeding edge of technology, every bit counts.