Re: [HSSG] <HSSG-FO> Fiber Optic Ad Hoc Teleconference 12/06/2006 Minutes

Title: Message

Hi Marcus,

Good catch! For 10km reach there will be no FEC. Below is an updated proposed study list for the SMF application.

10km over SMF reach objective Study Alternatives

        1x technology (10G) optical interface

1.       1550nm 10x10G cooled EML DWDM array / 200GHz ITU G.694.2 grid

2.       1550nm 10x10G un-cooled DML CWDM array / 20nm ITU G.694.2 grid

        2x technology (20G) optical interface

3.       1310nm 5x21G cooled EML DWDM array / 200GHz ITU consistent grid

4.       1310nm 5x21G un-cooled DML (or EML) CWDM array / 20nm ITU G.694.2 grid

5.       1310nm 4x26G un-cooled DML (or EML) CWDM array / 25nm IEEE LX-4 grid

        4x technology (40G) optical interface

6.       1310nm 2x52G DQPSK / single wavelength

(All numbers rounded off to the nearest integer.)

Chris