Re: [HSSG] <HSSG-FO> Fiber Optic Ad Hoc Teleconference 12/18/2006

Title: Message

Hi everyone,

I would like to propose the change of Reach (Technical) Feasibility Table what Chris created.

Please see attached file.

We confirmed that 1550nm DML is possible to support 10G-10km/40km.

Also, it might be possible to support 20G/25G-10km if only dispersion penalty is a bottleneck.

My proposed change is as follows.

1) 10km, 1550nm, 10G DML: change to “yes” from “maybe”

2) 40km, 1550nm, 10G DML: change to “yes” or “maybe” from “no”

3) 10km, 1550nm, 20G/25G DML: change to “maybe” from “no”

Any comments are welcomed for me.

Have a happy holiday!

Eddie

Eddie Tsumura

Vice president of Engineering and Marketing

Excelight Communications (A Sumitomo Electric Company)

4021 Stirrup Creek Drive

Suite 200

Durham, NC 27703

Phone 919-361-1634