[HSSG] March Plenary - Call for Presentations

Dear HSSG Members,

The next meeting of the HSSG will be during the IEEE 802 Plenary (week of March 11-16, 2007).  Meeting details may be found at

http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

I strongly recommend making your hotel reservations as soon as possible, as rooms tend to go fast.

The HSSG will be meeting all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday, and Thursday morning (March 13 – 15).  The opening 802.3 working group (WG) meeting will begin at 1:00 pm on Monday, March 12, and the closing 802.3 WG meeting will be 1:00 pm on Thursday, March 15. It is advised that you should plan on staying until at least 6:00pm on Thursday.

At the March Plenary, we will be finalizing the list of objectives, which will allow final determination of the number of PAR to be recommended.  Further review of the working drafts of the HSSG “PAR A” PAR and 5 Criteria will also be completed.  In addition, we will begin to make preparations for the tutorial session we will need to give at the July Plenary.

Therefore, presentations should address the following areas:
§                Objectives for the Study Group
·                Broad Market Potential (as part of the 5 criteria)
·                Economic Feasibility (as part of the 5 criteria)
·                Technical Feasibility (as part of the 5 criteria)

Anyone wishing to present, please submit your request per the guidelines that may be found at the Procedure for Presenters web page: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/hssg/public/presentproc.html.  Please note the procedures have been updated to reflect recent guidance regarding the use of relative ASPs.  In addition the procedures related to late presentation request submission and upload have been further clarified.

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by Wednesday March 7.  Presentations may be mailed to me at jdambrosia@ieee.org.  To assist in meeting planning earlier requests and / or submissions are appreciated.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Orlando.

Thank you,

John D’Ambrosia
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Higher Speed Study Group

Tel           717.460.8535
Email       jdambrosia@ieee.org