[HSSG] Contribution posting deadline

Title: Contribution posting deadline

John,

The contributions for the various HSSG meetings that have been held so far have been posted on the IEEE website after close of business in the UK on the Friday before the start of the meeting.  As a consequence of this, in order to review the contributions in advance of them being presented in the meeting, I am having to look at the presentations over the weekend and this gives no opportunity to discuss their contents with colleagues prior to the meeting.

I realize that it takes a significant amount of time after the contribution deadline before it is possible to post the contributions together with an agenda on the IEEE website, so I dont think a solution to this is to simply ask you to work longer hours to get them posted earlier.

I would therefore like to propose that the contribution deadline for future meetings be brought forward by one day so that they are required by the Tuesday of the week prior to the meeting rather than the Wednesday, resulting in them being posted on the Thursday night, giving us all the Friday to review their contents and to print any that we would want hard copy of.

Thanks,

Pete Anslow

Nortel Networks UK Limited, London Rd, Harlow, Essex CM17 9NA, UK

External +44 1279 402540 ESN 742 2540

Fax +44 1279 402543