[HSSG] Market Validation Comments

Folks…

Ixia markets test equipment for 10GE networks, with ability to generate packets,

capture packets, analyze and report performance in graphical displays.

Over the past few months, we have had numerous inquiries regarding availability of test

equipment for 100GE.  The inquiries are coming from carriers, data center operators,

switch and router manufacturers.  To date, inquires have called for 100GE solutions,

not 40GE test equipment.

As we discuss requirements with prospective customers, they appear to be planning to

LAG up four 10GE links, if a 10GE link is too slow.

If there’s a significant market for 40GE, it is very, very quiet.

Full ahead,

Larry Green

Ixia