Re: [HSSG] 40G MAC Rate Discussion

The threads have mentioned a number of form factors for connectors
including, X40, X2, QSFP to name a few. Are these finalized or just
proposed?

I'm interested because of port density opportunities on both stackable
and chassis based switches.

Mix and match 10/100G combo blades for example, not in the 10/100/1000
sense where a single port acts as a jack of all trades, but 10G and 100G
bundles of ports with varying port counts. That way I could have more
flexibility with my over-subscription rates and costs plus, in some
cases, uplink redundancy. As always smaller is better (as long as I
don't have to use tweezers).

Thanks,

Peter

---
Peter Harrison
Netflix Networking
100 Winchester Circle, Los Gatos, CA 95032