From: Hari S. patel <hari.patel@einfochips.com>
To: STDS-802-3-HSSG@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-3-HSSG@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Mon Sep 17 06:28:03 2007
Subject: [HSSG] Clause-49 (Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) for 64B/66B, type 10GBASE-R), query

Hi,
I have a question on Clause-49 (Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) for 64B/66B, type 10GBASE-R).

We have two bits for sync header having following meaning,

00 - Invalid block
01 - Data block
10 - Control block
11 - Invalid block

I get confused,why we have taken two bits, even if we can indicate data/control block using one bit only.
Can I know the reason,why is it so?

Regards,
Hari S. Patel