Re: [HSSG] fault signalling

Mikel-

While such signalling might be a "good idea", we have no expectation of
standardizing regenerators or transponders in this project. Thus any
signals that we define would only be appropriate in the context of our
single hop environment. If you want anything beyond that then you would be
in the realm of "OTN compatibility" and you should probably get some other
standards organization to say "please use this code set" in the realization
that the information will disappear when the data traverses a MAC.

Geoff Thompson