Re: [HSSG] fault signalling

I would certainly support something like this. This would be very useful
when connecting the client interface on a DWDM transponder to a 100GE
interface on a router/switch/ADM. It might be as simple as defining
another 'ordered code set' for fault signaling, so we would now have a
total of three codes:

-LF
-RF
-AIS

The lack of such a feature at 10GE is one of the (very few) reasons that
OC192 interfaces continue to be used for this kind of interconnect.

Gary Nicholl