[HSSG] HSSG Reach Ad Hoc "Rides Again"

Colleagues,

At the Atlanta meeting several presentations were made in the area of requirements for, and relative cost of, reaches lower than 10km over single mode fiber.  In the spirit of promoting consensus building in the group John has asked me to organize a conference call so we can have further discussion prior to the interim meeting in January.

I will forward contact information to the reflector shortly but would ask those members interested in these issues to mark in their calendars  for a conference call at 9am to 11 am (U.S. Pacific time zone) on Thursday December 6th.

Presentations from Atlanta may be found on the study group web site, links to some of the more relevant presentations are included here for convenience.

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/hssg/public/nov07/cole_01_1107.pdf

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/hssg/public/nov07/goergen_01_1107.pdf

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/hssg/public/nov07/cole_03_1107.pdf

For the December conf call it would really help the group if we could receive further contributions on :

a)       the need for a sub 10km SMF reach

b)      relative costing information  for the different reaches

As of now the agenda for the call is as follows

  1. discussion of the reach and relative costing presentations made at Atlanta
  2. discussion of any new material posted to the reflector
  3. discussion of how to resolve

Many Thanks

Andy Moorwood