Re: [802.3BA] [HSSG] Reach Ad Hoc

I send out this question to the AMS-IX and Euro-IX customer base.
Got back some 25 responses (would have liked some more, but there
might be some more coming). Responses came from very different kind
of companies (internet exchanges, ISPs, metro providers, hosting
providers, university networks etc).

Of the 25 responses, 16 indeed indicated that the typical distance
for 10GE-LR use is less than 4 km. However the other 9 use 10GE-LR
typically on fiber lengths more than 4 km.

I will try to gather some more data on this and present at the next
meeting

  - Henk Steenman
    AMS-IX