[802.3BA] baseline selection deadline

Hi John,
As you know the extended reach ad-hoc formed at the May interim meeting has been holding teleconferences with the objective of examining options for enhancing reach over multimode fiber.  The ad-hoc has received contributions that examine the technologies, interoperability and system vendor preferences.  We are presently compiling a matrix that will allow a side-by-side assessment of the options to help with selection.  To that end the ad-hoc could use more input from system vendors.

It is likely that by the July meeting we will have a well vetted comparison matrix, but not have distilled a recommendation.  Some ideas were floated that would subject these options to polls of the attendees in July.  The outcome of these polls could either indicate the task force is ready to make a decision, or that more work is needed.

In case the latter is the result, I request your guidance on timing.  I see from the May meeting agenda that baseline selection is slated to continue thru the September meeting.  From this I would conclude that selection of an extended reach solution is not required at the July meeting, but must be competed by the September meeting in order to stay on schedule.  Is this also your interpretation and intent?  Do you foresee or prefer other paths to completion?

Regards,
Paul Kolesar
CommScope Inc.
Enterprise Solutions