[802.3BA] IEEE Antitrust Policy

Dear Task Force Members,

It is important for all Task Force members to consider their words carefully when addressing issues on the reflector.  As I have stressed recently, all should be familiar with the following document – “Promoting Competition and Innovation:

What You Need to Know about the IEEE Standards Association’s Antitrust and Competition Policy,” which may be found at http://standards.ieee.org/resources/antitrust-guidelines.pdf.

One must consider their choice of words in regards to numerous issues, which I as reflector moderator monitor.  I also have to consider the potential flow of conversation in order to ensure that the conversation does not lead into those areas, which we are barred from entering.

Recent threads on the reflector have had us dancing on the edge.  Please review the above document and consider the issues addressed when participating on the reflector.  Participation on this reflection must be in accordance with IEEE and IEEE-SA policies.

John