Re: [802.3BA] 40G CMOS Ref

Matt

I looked at reference on page 8 Yagisawa-san's paper title "Compact 40-Gbit/s Electroabsorption Monolithically
Integrated DFB Laser (EML) Module with a Driver IC for Very Short Reach Application".  The EML driver
IC is not described in this paper, but to drive an EML I expect the driver IC to be either in InP or SiGe.

Based on this driver data how did you arrive at the following statement on page 11 "40 Gb/s Driver Output Waveform In
65 nm Standard CMOS"?  You are using InP or SiGe driver performance as proof that 40Gb/s is possible in
65 nm CMOS!

Thanks,
Ali

Matt Traverso wrote:
Ali,

The reference for page 11 is the same as the reference on page 8 -- Yagisawa-san's paper.  My apologies that this was not clearer in the presentation.

--matt