Re: [802.3BA] XLAUI / CAUI Ad Hoc

All,

I too wish to speak in favor of XLAUI and CAUI including chip-to-module specifications.  The specifications should align, or at least not be in conflict with, the likely instantiations to be found in the market.  A chip-to-chip specification should also still be made.  I hope there is a way to cover the signal integrity issues of a connector without specifying its exact mechanical nature.  Can something similar be done as was for PPI?

Jeffery

———————————————————————

Jeffery J. Maki, Ph.D.

Principal Optical Engineer

Juniper Networks, Inc.

1194 North Mathilda Avenue

Sunnyvale, CA  94089-1206

Desk +1-408-936-8575

Lab +1-408-936-1169

(Please leave messages by email.)

FAX +1-408-936-3025

www.juniper.net

jmaki@xxxxxxxxxxx

IEEE 802.3 voter, OIF voter, & EA alternate voter

Member of OSA, LEOS, & IEEE