Re: [802.3BA] XLAUI / CAUI Ad Hoc

Dear 802.3ba,

Here is recommended characteristics and our input on nAUI:

The XLAUI / CAUI team would appreciate any feedback in this area.  To start the discussion Chris Cole has already submitted the following input in Comment 295:

Max module trace length 3” -- We recommend 1.5" for QSFP, this 3" distance seems to only apply to the CFP.
Max module vias: 2 -- OK, but most modules use stripline instead of vias.
Max host trace length 8” (or 6") -- Would prefer 10"
Max host vias: 2 -- should be 4

The following limits are fine...

Connector limits (similar to XFP connector):

Max connector insertion loss: 0.5dB at 5GHz
Max connector return loss: 21dB at 5GHz
Max crosstalk: 36dB at 5GHz

Thanks,

Scott Kipp