[802.3BA] Sad News

Dear Task Force Members,

It is with sad regret that I am forwarding on the following email from Steven Wilson from Brocade, regarding Bob Snively.  I will stay in touch with Steve, and provide the details he notes below when they become available.

While many of Bob’s contributions are noted below, it should also be pointed out that Bob was also a contributor to many IEEE 802.3 projects, including the development of Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and the current IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force

All,

I am extremely saddened to inform you that Bob Snively passed away last Saturday morning. Bob’s contributions to T10, T11, and the storage industry in general have had, and continue to have far reaching impact on all of us and our respective companies. Bob will be greatly missed both as a friend and as a colleague.

Bob’s family has asked me to let you know that in lieu of a service there will be a Celebration of Life in honor of Bob this April. As details become available I will forward those on to you.

Also, Bob’s family has requested that no flowers be sent to their home. Instead they have requested that we provide any stories or anecdotes about Bob so that they can be included in a scrapbook for his grandchildren. I will provide an email address to you over the next few days where these may be sent.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Steven Wilson

Director, Technology and Standards

Brocade