[802.3BA] IEEE P802.3ba WG Ballot Results

Dear Task Force Participants,

The IEEE P802.3ba/D2.0 WG ballot is closed and no more ballots can be accepted.

Here are the ballot results:

Voters      229
Approve     87
Disapprove  31
Abstain     10
Returns     128

These returns resulted in the following metrics:
Response Rate     55.90%
Approve Rate      73.73%
Abstention Rate   7.81%

The ballot was valid as it met the requirements for response rate ( >=50% ) and abstention rate ( < 30% ).  While the ballot results do not meet the required approval rate ( >=75% ), given the scope of the project and the size of the document, this should not be see as an unreasonable or unprecedented state for our project.

I would like to thank everyone for all of their hard work on this WG ballot.  I know there has been a lot of off-line discussions, phone conferences, and consensus building on responses.

A total of 784 comments was received.  The breakdown by comment type is as follows:

Description
Clause
TR
ER
Total
Front Matter, MAC, 40G & 100G intro
00, 01, A, 4, 4A, 31B, 80, 99
14
29
27
18
88
Management
30, 45
29
22
45
24
120
RS/MII and PCS
81, 82
15
19
20
7
61
PMA
83, 83C
8
15
12
8
43
XLAUI / CAUI
83A
25
19
9
14
67
XLAUI / CAUI module
83B
17
11
5
3
36
Backplane KR Related
69, 69A, 69B, 73, 74, 84
15
24
7
18
64
Copper CR4 & CR10
85
43
51
28
14
136
Optical SR4 & SR10
86
43
30
17
24
116
Optical 40G LR4
87
14
3
3
6
26
Optical 100G LR4 & ER4
88
8
9
2
8
27
Total Comments

233
232
175
144
784

Looking forward to our May meeting.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia
Chair, IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force