Re: [802.3BA] CL 86 TP1a Over emphasis

Ali,
You bring up the comparison of SFF-8431 which is for a link that must support a linear (LRM) interface and host Rx. That type of link, I have been told, is more sensitive to this phenomena. Is this a true understanding or am I miss informed. If we are going to add additional requirements at this date to this interface I would like to be VERY sure they apply to the LIMITING nature of the nPPI interface and J2 and J9 and the eye mask do not sufficiently bound the problem. I would appriciate the insight from module suppliers as to the way this signal would cause them to fail TP2 tests.

Cheers,
Brian Misek