[802.3BA] Comment #45 : PRBS31 verifier count rate

I have a TR comment in on Draft 2.2 relating to the PMA PRBS31 verifier count rate.

My comment is primarily about the implementation difficulty of matching the clause 49 verifier in a PMA device.

The clause 49 implementation is quite different from the PRBS31 implementations you find on standard SERDES devices.

A standard PRBS31 verifier will not match the error count required in the current draft PMA .

I have been in contact with some interested parties about this issue - in order to come to some sort of consensus before the meeting. If I have missed someone, please contact me and I will bring them into the discussions.

Regards

                    Andre Szczepanek

--

Hsz Consulting Ltd:

Web-site: http://www.hszconsulting.com

Contact:  Andre Szczepanek +44 7894 278285

Contact:  Mike Harwood + 44 7761 530963