[802.3BA] January Interim Meeting Materials Uploaded

Dear Task Force Members,

Presentations for the January Interim Meeting of the IEEE 802.3ba Task Force have been uploaded to the Task Force website.  For the general meeting material, please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/jan10/index.htm.  Proposed responses to comments received against D3.0 may also be found on this page, as well as at http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/comments/index.html.

Given the 901 comments received on the initial sponsor ballot of D3.0, we have a very full schedule next week.  As a reminder, per our adopted schedule we will be seeking standard ratification in June 2010.  We need to close out the issues raised in the initial sponsor ballot.  Please note that we will discuss the schedule in further detail next week.

Please note that the Task Force meeting will begin at 9am, and go all day Monday.  There will also be a joint meeting of the Cu and Optical Sub-Task Forces (starting either after dinner or when the Task Force comment resolution has completed for the day), which will address issues regarding the XLPPI interface and its application to 40GBASE-LR4.  Tuesday and Wednesday has been allocated for sub-task force meetings, and there will be a joint meeting of the Cu and Optical Sub Task Forces after the afternoon break until dinner on Wednesday. Please note that details regarding the start times for the individual sub-task force meetings will be made by the sub-task force chairs.  On Thursday the task force will get back together for closing reports and closing business.  The meeting is tentatively scheduled to start at 9am and we have a hard stop at noon.

I look forward to seeing everyone in New Orleans, and wish everyone safe travels.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force

jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx