From: John D'Ambrosia [mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 3:58 PM
To: STDS-802-3-HSSG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3BA] March 2010 IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting

Dear Task Force Members,

The IEEE P802.3ba Task Force will be meeting March 16 through March 18, 2010 during the November IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting being held in Orlando, FL, USA

The Task Force will be meeting all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday, and Thursday morning.  On Thursday the task force meeting will end by noon (Eastern).  As discussed at the last meeting, the Task Force will be seeking to request conditional approval to forward the draft standard to RevCom at the closing 802.3 Plenary.  Please consider this when making your travel arrangements.  Meeting details may be found at http://ieee802.facetoface-events.com/session/63.      You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as soon as possible.  Visit the meeting registration web site to register for the meetings.  Web pre-registration closes at 6pm PT, Friday, February 12, 2010 (UTC Time: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 2am).

The agenda for the meeting will be resolution of comments received against D3.1   Presentations for the meeting must focus on comments submitted against D3.1.  Please note if you are intending to give a presentation in support of a suggested remedy (or providing any supplemental material) for any comments, please make a presentation request and indicate this in the “Suggested Remedy” field in your comment submission.

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per Procedure for Presenters web page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/presentproc.html

Name of presenter

Title of presentation

Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)

Brief description of topic

Presentations should be kept to 15 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 15 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the March Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by March 5, 2010.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the September Interim, presentations must be submitted by March 9, 2010.  As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page   http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/presentproc.html .  I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE P802.3ba Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization, and we do have a fairly large project underway.  It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the attention of the Task Force for consideration on how to address; as such issues can not be allowed to threaten the overall project schedule.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Orlando!

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force

Tel:       717.460.8535

Email    jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx