[802.3BA] Sponsor Ballot 1st Recirculation Results

Dear Task Force Participants,

I would like to thank all those who participated in the IEEE P802.3ba/D3.1 sponsor ballot, 1st recirculation.  The ballot closed on February 27, 2010 with the following tally:

Total # of Voters:

143

Approved

97

Disapproved ( w/ comments)

17

Disapproved ( w/o comments)

0

Abstained

6

Total Returns

120

Response Ratio (Req. >= 75%)

83.0%

Abstention Ratio (Req. < 30%)

5.0%

Approval Ratio (Req. >=75%)

85.0%

A total of 200 comments were received.  The breakdown by comment type is as follows:

Description

Editor

Clause

TR

ER

GR

Total

Front matter, MAC, 40G & 100G Intro

Ilango Ganga

99, 00, 01, A, 4, 4A, 31B, 80

1

5

3

5

0

0

14

Management

Hugh Barrass

30, 45

1

8

1

12

0

0

22

RS/MII and PCS

Mark Gustlin

81, 82

4

4

0

5

0

0

13

PMA

Steve Trowbridge

83, 83C

0

2

0

1

0

0

3

XLAUI/CAUI

Ryan Latchman

83A, 83B

37

10

8

11

0

0

66

Backplane KR4 related

Arthur Marris

69, 69A, 69B, 73, 74, 84

3

4

4

6

0

0

17

Copper CR4 & CR10

Chris Di Minico

85, 85A

9

4

4

13

0

0

30

Optical SR4 & SR10, and Cls. 52

Piers Dawe

86, 86A, 52

11

8

2

6

1

0

28

Optical 40G LR4

Jonathan King

87

5

1

1

0

0

0

7

Optical 100G LR4 & ER4

Pete Anslow

88

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

Total comments

71

46

23

59

1

0

200

Two PDF files have been uploaded to the IEEE P802.3ba webpage summarizing the comments that have been received against D3.1.  Please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/comments/index.html.  The first file summarizes the comments in order of the Clause, sub-clause, page, and then line.  The second file summarizes the comments in order of the comment ID#.  If you have submitted comments, please take a moment to check and see that they are present and have been recorded accurately.

I look forward to our March Plenary meeting in Orlando.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force