[802.3BA] Results from the Plenary

Dear Task Force Participants,

The March 2010 Plenary Meeting proved to be a great meeting for our project.

At the Task Force level, the motion to “Request the Working Group Chair submit IEEE P802.3ba for conditional approval to RevCom” was unanimous.  At the Working Group level, the motion to “Request the Working Group Chair submit IEEE P802.3ba for conditional approval to RevCom” was unanimous.  On Friday afternoon the EC voted unanimously in favor of the motion of conditional approval for RevCom submittal.

So we remain on schedule for ratification of the standard in June.

I would like to thank our chief editor, Ilango, our sub-task force chairs: Mark, Chris, and Pete, and our entire editorial team for all their hard work in producing such a fine draft.  Also, all of the Task Force participants for their commitment and diligence in resolving any technical debates they have encountered.

At the close of the meeting I got choked up when I realized the accomplishment that our Task Force has achieved and that we were almost at the end.  What a journey it has been!

Best Regards

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba Task Force