From: David Law [mailto:David_Law@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:06 AM
To: STDS-802-3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3] +++ 802.3 WG BALLOT: IEEE P802.3bc/D2.0 Ethernet Organizationally Specific type, length, values (TLVs) ballot extension

Colleagues:

The IEEE P802.3bc Working Group ballot has again failed to close due to
lack of returns - I have therefore decided to extend the ballot one more
time - the new closing date is TUESADY, 10th MARCH 2009 11:59PM AOE. For
those that have not already voted please be aware that your Working Group
voting rights are contingent on ballot participation.

David Law
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Phone: +44 131 665 7264
Email: David_Law@xxxxxxxx

Wael William Diab
Vice Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Phone:  +1 415 446 8066
Email:  wdiab@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by David Law/GB/3Com on 26/02/2009 17:30 -----

David Law/GB/3Com@3Com wrote on 30/01/2009 20:46:32:

> TO: 802.3 Voters, Observers and Liaisons
>
> Dear Colleagues:
>
> At the IEEE 802 November 2008 plenary meeting, the IEEE 802.3 Working
> Group voted to conduct a Working group ballot on IEEE P802.3bc Ethernet
> Organizationally Specific type, length, values (TLVs) conditional on PAR
> approval. This condition has now been met with the approval of the IEEE
> P802.3bc PAR by an IEEE-SA Standards Board electronic ballot which
> closed today.
>
> This is the announcement of the electronic IEEE 802.3 Working Group
ballot
> on IEEE P802.3bc Ethernet Organizationally Specific type, length, values
> (TLVs). Remember that voting, as well as attendance, is a requirement to
> maintain your IEEE 802.3 member (voter) status. Instructions for
accessing
> the draft, casting your ballot and submitting comments follow this
> announcement.
>
> IEEE P802.3bc is an amendment to the recently published IEEE Std
> 802.3-2008. If you were an IEEE 802.3 voter on IEEE Std 802.3-2008,
> known internally as IEEE 802.3ay, you should have received an
> email informing you how to download a complimentary copy. If
> you lost that email, or you were not a voter on that standard
> and would like a copy in order to review this draft, please send
> me an email at the address below.
>
> The Project Authorization Request for this amendment is posted
> at [ http://www.ieee802.org/3/bc/P802d3bc.pdf ] and includes the
> following:
>
> TITLE:
> Draft Standard for Information Technology - Telecommunications and
> Information Exchange Between Systems - Local and Metropolitan Area
> Networks - Specific Requirements Part 3: Carrier Sense Multiple Access
> with Collision Detection (CSMA/CD) Access Method and Physical Layer
> Specifications - Amendment: Ethernet Organizationally Specific type,
> length, values (TLVs)
>
> SCOPE:
> The scope of this project is limited to amending IEEE Std 802.3 to add
the
> specification of the IEEE 802.3 Organizationally Specific TLVs as
> currently specified in IEEE Std 802.1AB.
>
> PURPOSE:
> The purpose of the amendment is to transfer the IEEE 802.3
> Organizationally Specific TLVs currently specified in IEEE Std 802.1AB
> Station and Media Access Control Connectivity Discovery to IEEE Std
802.3.

> NEED FOR THE PROJECT:
> The IEEE 802.3 Organizationally Specific TLVs (type, length, value),
> information elements consisting of sequential type, length, and value
> fields, are currently specified in IEEE Std 802.1AB. This amendment will

> be limited to the transfer of these TLVs from IEEE Std 802.1AB to IEEE
Std
> 802.3. The development of future IEEE 802.3 Organizationally Specific
TLVs
> [...]

> IEEE P802.3bc Ethernet Organizationally Specific TLVs draft D2.0 ballot
>

> 3) Paste into the message body and complete the ballot form below:
>

> -----CUT AND PASTE TEXT BELOW THIS LINE ONLY PLEASE--------
>
> IEEE P802.3bc Ethernet Organizationally Specific TLVs draft D2.0 Working

> Group ballot
>
> Your Name:___________________________
>

> ___    APPROVE ALL WITHOUT COMMENT
>
> ___    APPROVE ALL WITH COMMENTS on SOME
> (All comments are non-binding)
>
> ___    DISAPPROVE
> (Some or all comments are binding, a voter must
> attach specific comments for remedy)
>
> ___    ABSTAIN, Lack of Expertise
>
> ___    ABSTAIN, Lack of Time
>
> -----------------------end ballot form--------------------
>

> HOW TO SUBMIT COMMENTS
>
> Acceptable comment types:
>
> E  = Editorial
> ER = Editorial Required (a binding comment that is
> part of a DISAPPROVE vote, therefore only
> appropriate for an 802.3 voting member)
> T  = Technical
> TR = Technical Required (a binding comment that is
> part of a DISAPPROVE vote, therefore only
> appropriate for an 802.3 voting member)
>

> 1. Prepare your comments in one of the following two ways:
>
> a. You are STRONGLY REQUESTED to use the comment tool in the
> TF private area at the URL:
>
> http://www.ieee802.org/3/private/maint/bcballot/comments/CommentTool.zip
>
> To use the tool, extract all components into a folder and
> do not move any component from that folder as this will
> cause the executable to not work correctly. The tool is:
>
> Comment_Tool_Generic_Solution.exe
>

> b.  To submit comments in text (ASCII) form, please use the
> form below.  This will make it possible for the editor to
> properly record and track all submissions. Make as many
> copies of the template as necessary and submit as an ASCII
> text file or as part of your e-mail.
>
> PLEASE NOTE: The ASCII method involves a manual transcription,
> hence you are recommended to check your comments to ensure accurate
> transcription when the comment file is made available. Please
> use the comment tool above if possible.
>
> ------CUT AND PASTE TEXT BELOW THIS LINE ONLY PLEASE--------
>
> CommentID: (Leave Blank)
> CommenterName:
> CommenterEmail:
> CommenterPhone:
> CommenterCellPhone:
> CommenterCompany:
> Clause:
> Subclause:
> Page:
> Line:
> CommentType: (E, ER, T, or TR)
> Comment:
> CommentEnd:
> SuggestedRemedy:
> RemedyEnd:

> 2.  Send your comments to: stds-802-3-ballot@xxxxxxxx
>
> and paste into the subject line:
>
> IEEE P802.3bc Ethernet Organizationally Specific TLVs draft D2.0
comments