[802.3_MAINT] Maint and Interp: Update on Deadlines for Initial Consideration / Web pages and Agenda for January

Colleagues,

At the IEEE 802.3 November plenary session in Dallas the deadlines for initial consideration of interpretations and maintenance requests were updated to better accommodate travel planning. To that effect, I would like to communicate that the web pages have been updated accordingly and the new deadlines will be in place as of the January interim series.

Moving forward, I will send out a note to the maintenance reflector detailing the new maintenance requests that have been received and have met the deadline ahead of the upcoming meeting. I will do a similar note to the 802.3 reflector for interpretations.

For this upcoming session, we have one new maintenance item relating to EEE management and no interpretations to be considered.

In addition to the new maintenance item, we will be reviewing all the maintenance requests in the “ready for ballot” state to ensure we have enough editorial instruction details. This relates to the consensus revision plan detailed in the Maintenance Task Force report for the November meeting.

Please direct any further discussion to the maintenance reflector.

Happy Holidays,

Wael

--
Wael William Diab
Vice-Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group