From: Jonathan King [mailto:jonathan.king@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 July 2011 00:53
To: STDS-802-3-MAINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_MAINT] FW: IEEE 802.3 WG Maint - Revision - XLAUI/CAUI and Stat Eye Mask comments

Dear IEEE maintenance folks !
As noted during the July plenary maintenance meeting, I intend to submit two comments on the 802.3 revision draft on these topics:

Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) and XLAUI/CAUI TP4 VMA specification issue (Clause 83B)

Presentations covering each comment and the proposed remedies  were presented at the July meeting, and are available here:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/maint/public/index.html

YOU ARE INVITED to comment and contribute on teleconference calls to be held on Monday 8th August Monday 16th August Monday 23rd August

TIMING: calls will run from 8 am to 10 am, Pacific Coast Time
8 am to 9 am for discussion of Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) and
9 am to 10 am for discussion of XLAUI/CAUI TP4 VMA specification issue (Clause 83B)

CALL DIAL IN NUMBERS, Monday 8th, 16th
from USA: 866 654 5792
outside USA: +1 832 445 3154
Conference code: 4085425032

INTENTION: to review the comments and proposed remedies, and to arrive at a broad consensus for the specific proposals for text changes to 802.3.
I plan to submit comments and supporting materials together with a list of supporters by Aug 25th.
I'll send out meeting materials the day before each meeting.  I also anticipate that we'll use e-mail and the maintenance reflector to allow off-line review of drafts texts/slides.

Looking forward to working with you
If you have any questions or suggestions ahead of the calls, please feel free to call or e-mail me Thanks !

With best wishes

Jonathan King
Finisar Corp
1389 Moffet Park Drive