[8023-POEP] Midspan TF for WG

Hi Matthew,

Please replace the text you have there with the following:

When an Alternative A Midspan is connected to a 100BASE-TX PHY, the Midspan transfer function gain [dB]  shall be  higher then  from 100KHz to 1MHz at the pins of the PI used as 100BASE-TX transmit pins with the additional requirement that the requirements will be met with a DC bias current between 0 mA and TBD mA.

Compliance test shall be performed by applying test signal to the Midspan signal input through 100W±1% source impedance.  The Midspan signal output will be connected to 100m CAT5 cable, terminated with 100W±1%.

The transfer function will be measured from the output termination to the test signal source.

(The TF contains margin due to the fact that the TF as we presented today is not the worst case. After getting the worst case I'll update it.

In addition the TF is built for 100KHz to 1MHz range. If in the future we will reduce the lower frequency, the TF form will be different.)

Darshan Yair
Chief R&D Engineer

Analog Mixed Signal Group

Microsemi Corporation