[8023-POEP] 350uH Ad Hoc conference call Wednesday 28th May at 6:00PM BST; 1:00 PM EDT; 12:00N CDT; 10:00AM PDT

Colleagues,

Based on the resolution to comment #415 (see below) received on the
initial Working Group ballot of IEEE P802.3at DTE Power via MDI
Enhancements the 350uH Ad Hoc is being rechartered. Below is a brief
proposed agenda for the call along with dial in information. I have
scheduled the call for 90 Minutes. If you have any material you would like
to present, please send it to me by 6:00PM BST; 1:00 PM EDT; 12:00N CDT;
10:00AM PDT Tuesday 27th May so I can update the agenda and distribute it.

If you do intend to join the call please ensure that you review the
IEEE-SA PatCom slides [
http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.pdf ] prior to the start
of the conference call (NOTE - this is a new slide set published 25th
March 2008). At the start of call I will ask that everybody confirms that
they have read this material - if anybody hasn't we will pause the call
until they confirm that they have done so.

Best regards,
  David Law

IEEE P802.3at 350uH chartering motion
-------------------------------------

Authorise the formation of an adhoc to discuss the approaches available to
provide an additional, alternative, conformance requirement to ANSI X3.263
subclause 9.1.7. Appoint Mr. Law as the Chair of the Ad-Hoc. Report
results back to IEEE 802.3.

Proposed Agenda
---------------

[1] Patent policy
[2] Review and approve agenda
[3] Brief review of last report [
http://www.ieee802.org/3/at/public/nov07/law_1_1107.pdf ]
[4] Review IEEE P802.3at/D3.0 comment #415
[5] Review contributions
[6] Discuss next meeting / call of adhoc

Meeting information
-------------------

CALL DATE:            May-28-2008  (Wednesday)
CALL TIME:            6:00PM BST; 1:00 PM EDT; 12:00N CDT; 10:00AM PDT
DURATION:             90 Minutes

LEADER:               Mr David Law
PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 22724

For security reasons, the passcode and the leader's name will be required
to join your call.

DIAL-IN NUMBERS:

UK       020-7950-1261          0800-018-0669
USA      210-795-0460           877-474-8998

IEEE P802.3at/D3.0 comment #415
-------------------------------

Comment:
3% unbalance current may require assumptions on compatible 100BASE-TX
transceivers (beyond the standard) with regards to baseline wander.
Imbalance currents for this standard go beyond the OCL current
specifications in the ANSI FDDI specification referenced by the 100BASE-TX
MDI spec.  Modification or assumption of modifications common in the
market is implied.
(also in Table 33-9, line 21)

Suggested remedy:
Either, restrict higher currents to 100BASE-TX which meet additional
requirements or (preferred) modify the MDI specification for compatible
100BASE-TX equipment to specify the signal presented at the MDI. - a
parallel comment will be submitted to maintenance to  work this issue by
providing a specification of the 100BASE-TX signal at the MDI.

Response:
Recharter the 350 uH Ad Hoc and pass this information on.