[8023-POEP] Updates MPS possible interpretation permutation table - need to be simplified and coherent to various parts in the standard + Suggested Remedy

Hi all,

I would like to start a discussion regarding the MPS signal in the spec.

It looks that the text may not be clear and concise and may lead to wrong interpretations.

See attached below a Table that I have generated during an attempt to translate the current text in page 68 lines 3-12 and The table 33-13 lines 12 and 16 to a simple valid and non valid MPS signatures and the required action as a result and it looks that we need to discuss how we make it simple and easy to test.

I'll appreciate your inputs and thoughts.

In addition see below my suggested remedy for clearer text that covers all combinations.

-------

Suggested Remedy:

Replace 33.2.11.1.2 with the following text:

33.2.11.1.2 .1    MPS Component is present

A PSE shall consider the DC MPS component to be present and shall not remove power from the port in the following cases:

a) if the DC current is greater than or equal to IMin2 max or

b) if the DC current is greater than or equal to IMin2 max for at least TMPS

every TMPS + TMPDO, as defined in Table 33-11.

The current level during TMPDO may be lower than IMIN2.

This allows a PD to minimize its power consumption.

33.2.11.1.2 .2    MPS Component is present or absent

A PSE shall consider the DC MPS component to be present or absent and may not remove power from the port in the following cases:

c) if the DC current is within IMin2 range  or

d) if the DC current is within IMin2 for  any t=Tx value, every Tx + TMPDO.

The current level during TMPDO may be lower than IMIN2.

33.2.11.1.2 .2    MPS Component is absent:

A PSE shall consider the DC MPS component to be absent and shall remove power from the port if the DC current is within the range of IMin1 for t>TMPDO

-------

Thanks

Yair

Darshan Yair