[8023-POEP] Additional Material for Management

Colleagues

Attached is material from Mr. Thompson on the management section for the 802.3at draft that is referenced in the comment database.

Wael

From: Wael William Diab [mailto:wael.diab@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 2:06 PM
To: Wael Diab
Subject: Fwd: 8023-POEP D3.1 additional comment material

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Geoff Thompson <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Subject: 8023-POEP D3.1 additional comment material
To: "D. Matthew Landry" <dmlandry@xxxxxxxx>, wael.diab@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Geoff Thompson <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxx>, david_law@xxxxxxxx

Colleagues -

I have finally done some text generation to provide meat for the PoE+ additions to
Annex 30A and 30B. I did them in Microsoft word. I tried Frame but it has been too long since I have done style controlled and heavily reference linked editing in Frame and it was too big a hill for me to climb in the time I had available.

My contribution is attached as 3 files

File named:     8023-30a_b_c.doc
Contains the additions to the oPSE object in what I believe is the appropriate place.
The new text is shown in red underscore.
The easiest way to find it is to open the file and then search on "oPSE". That will put you in the immediate neighborhood.

File named:     oPD Cl30A-scratch.doc
Contains the additions for the new oPD object to be added to the main file in the appropriate place.

File named:     PoEPlus Cl30B-scratch.doc
Contains the additions for the new ENUMERATIONS required to support PoE+ to be added to the main file in the appropriate place.

In the process of actually reading more of this stuff than has been customary with the rest of the world, I noticed some things that I think need fixing. If I had done all ofthis when a ballot was open I would have actually entered comments into the database.

Specifically: