Re: [RE] Overprovisioning (was Re: [RE] CE applications)

You are right when you say "to individual CE devices" ... But in many
"residences" (I'd argue *most*), the network will be carrying some kind of
aggregated traffic between clusters of devices ... It doesn't take many HD
(20Mbit/sec) or HDV (25Mbit/sec) streams to saturate a 100baseT connection.

Still, I think we need to allow for 100baseT since it is so overwhelmingly
less expensive.

--
Michael D. Johas Teener - Mike@Teener.com PGP ID 0x3179D202
23 Acacia Way, Santa Cruz, CA 95062-1313