From: owner-stds-802-3-re@IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-re@IEEE.ORG]
On Behalf Of Wadekar, Manoj K
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 2:55 PM
To: STDS-802-3-RE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [RE] CE applications (was: RE: [RE] Focus of discussions)

        Why can't this configuration use prioritization?

        Say:
        Voice : priority 7 (highest)
        Video:  priority 6
        File Transfer : priority 5

        Assuming Strict Priority scheduling at interface (better algos
could
        be used for fairness).

        For all practical purposes Voice and Video quality will not see
        significant degradation. Even through a switch. Jumbo frames can

        create more jitter though.

Thanks,
- Manoj