[RE] Simulation results for multi-hop case with bursting/bunching

Title: ResE/802.1 Meeting details ... Sept 29/30 ...
At the July meeting and also recent calls it was indicated that it would
be useful to simulate a multi-hop case for transport of time-sensitive traffic
streams over conventional Ethernet.  It was suggested to do a case with
conditions approaching "worst-case" (e.g., 7 hops and bursting/bunching at
each node).

I have uploaded a presentation (for the call this Wed (8/24)) with multi-hop
results.  I could not do absolute worst-case because I wanted to keep the size
of the simulation and the run-time manageable.  The simulation case
has 4 hops, with 3 contending time-sensitive streams at each switch.

The presentation is available at:

http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YNoJQ6iP8r7stLZn0JNMMuBSUTeuQDUM51BPs3s928yWJPReW2KZRRF617vwucwN0Q8-g9hZ3CZm2aOtM3AeFgjN2QvCmE_Z/sim-multi-hop.pdf

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Geoff
Geoffrey M. Garner
Samsung (Consultant)