CFI Conference Call - January 28th. 2009

Colleagues,

As agreed upon at the ad hoc meeting at the January 2009 IEEE 802.3 Interim,
there will be a Call for Interest planning call on January 28th. 2009.

January 28th at 7AM PST; 10AM EST; 3PM GMT; 11PM (Taipei)

The Ethernet Alliance has graciously offered to provide the call bridge.

International dial-in (not toll-free): 1-719-359-4032
Toll free in the USA and Canada: 1-866-228-9900
Participant Passcode 383731

Participants should read the IEEE Pre-PAR Patent Policy slide set located at
http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/prePAR-pat-slideset.pdf prior to the
call.

The public area of the Website has been updated
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/time_adhoc/public/index.html with ad
hoc minutes, the agenda, and the CFI PowerPoint skeleton presented in
January. All presenters should use this .ppt slide deck to make it easy to
edit all the presentations into a single file for the CFI.

I have requested agenda time at the Monday IEEE 802.3 Working Group opening
plenary in Vancouver, as well as a CFI-tutorial slot Monday evening from 9PM
- 10:30PM. We will also have a CFI run-through on Sunday from 7PM - 10PM for
the presenters. We will present the CFI report to the IEEE 802.3 Working
Group at the Thursday closing plenary meeting. This report will be the last
item on the agenda, so please plan to stay until the end since this is the
request to the WG to form a Study Group.

Call Agenda

1. Introductions

2. Select Recording Secretary

4. Patent Policy - Pre-PAR Patent Policy slide set

5. Review CFI outline in the CFI skeleton .ppt

6. Assign work and deadlines for 1st. Drafts of each section

7. Set next call date

I look forward to "seeing" you on the call.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
http://ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road