Re: Proposed motion for today

Marek-

I would be careful about your response to comment #8
The format used in the draft was very carefully crafted quite a few years ago to allow local definitions of terms.
This was because the IEEE would sweep all definitions (verbatim) into what was then IEEE Std 100, "The Authoritative Dictionary of Terms and Definitions" (which was neither "authoritative" not a "dictionary" (rather, a glossary))
We developed this style so that the definition would clearly be contextual and wouldn't be judged as conflicting with other definitions.

I'm not clear whether the parenthetical reference form would be preserved or stripped when the definition gets transported over these days.  If the parenthetical reference gets stripped then the comment should be rejected and 802.3 should adhere to the fully textual form.

Best regards,

    Geoff Thompson