From: Levy, Joseph S
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 5:13 PM
To: 'STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; 'stds-802-5g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <stds-802-5g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Adrian.p.stephens@xxxxxxxx' <Adrian.p.stephens@xxxxxxxx>; 'glenn.parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxx' <glenn.parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; 'maximilian.riegel@xxxxxxxxx' <maximilian.riegel@xxxxxxxxx>; 'jon.rosdahl@xxxxxxx' <jon.rosdahl@xxxxxxx>; 'dorothy.stanley@xxxxxxx' <dorothy.stanley@xxxxxxx>
Subject: First Meeting/Teleconference of the new 802.11 Standing Committee to address Action A and Action B3 in the 802 EC 5G/IMT-2020 Report

Hi All,

Sorry for the rather long and cryptic e-mail subject, but the newly formed 802.11 Standing Committee, created at the San Diego 802 F2F meeting to address the 802.11 work associated with Action A and Action B3 in the 802 EC 5G/IMT-2020 Report, does not currently have a name.  As the appointed Chair of this new Standing Committee I have been empowered to set up teleconferences with a 10 day notice.

This e-mail is the notice of the first telecom meeting, scheduled for August 17th @ 10:00am EDT

I have chosen the 10am EDT time - as this seems to be a time which may allow for world wide participation. If this time does not work for you and you want to contribute to the work of this standing committee please let me know (via e-mail) what time would work for you, so I can consider your preference when the discussion of future teleconferences meeting times is held (see agenda item 4, below).

Critical to the smooth functioning of this Standing Committer is finding someone who will volunteer to be the secretary.  If you will be attending this first Teleconference and are willing to volunteer please let me know, even if it is only for this first meeting.

For additional background on goals of this committee please see:

The proposed agenda for the meeting is:

Wednesday, August 17, 10:00 am EDT

  1. Call for Secretary
  2. Administrative: Attendance, Participants, Patents, Duty to Inform, Call for Patents, Guideline, Agenda
  3. Status/Background
  4. Discuss and decide on the committee's name
  5. Discussion and decide meeting times for future teleconferences and the upcoming September Warsaw meeting
  1. Discuss draft LS to 3GPP RAN and/or SA on 802.11 inclusion in 3GPP's proposal to ITU for IMT-2020 (Action B3)
  1. New Business
  1. Future Sessions Planning

An agenda slide deck will be posted to  mentor (https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/documents), prior to the meeting.

Note that teleconferences are subject to IEEE policies and procedures, see:

        IEEE Patent Policy

        Patent FAQ

        Letter of Assurance Form

        Affiliation FAQ

        Anti-Trust FAQ

        Ethics

        802 LMSC P&P

        802 LMSC OM

        802 WG P&P

        IEEE802.11 WG OM

Join the meeting: https://join.me/IEEE802.11

On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: IEEE802.11

Information on "Join Me"  and Dial-in information can be found: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/joinme.html

Joseph Levy

Chair of the 802.11  "to be named" Standing Committee

Principal Engineer

Inline image 1

InterDigital Communications, Inc
2 Huntington Quadrangle, 4th Floor, South Wing
Melville, New York, 11747-4508 - USA
(o) +1 631.622.4139
(m) +1 516.835.9353