RE: CD ROM Question
Jim's vote sounds good to me. I would support that too. In fact, given the
recent recutting of the last CD, that would make the issue about one year after
the previous one.
Robert D. Love
Program Manager, IBM ACS - US
Chair IEEE 802.5 Token Ring Working Group
500 Park Offices Phone: 919 543-2746
P. O. Box 12195 CNPA/656 Fax: 419 715-0359
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Jim Carlo" <email@example.com> on 09/01/99 10:13:40 PM
To: "IEEE802" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: RE: CD ROM Question
I would support a vote for March 2000 as part of 20 year anniversary of 802.
Jim Carlo(email@example.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On Behalf Of Howard
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 4:13 PM
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Subject: CD ROM Question
Dear SEC members,
At the July meeting, we approved the production of a new 802 standards
CDROM for distribution at the November meeting. In order to have the
CDs ready for the meeting, I need the files by October 8th, to allow
time for mastering, duplication, and shipping to Hawaii.
According to the IEEE staff, the following new or revised standards will
be ready for inclusion on the CD (in addition to all of the older stuff,
However, 802.5t and 802.11a&b probably won't be ready in time, though they
may be available in paper form for distribution at the November meeting.
Based on this information, shall we go ahead and cut the CD, or wait
until 802.5t and 802.11a&b are ready? I am not aware of any other 802
standards that are likely to be approved and ready for the CD before
the March 2000 meeting.
Please answer by stating "November 1999" or "March 2000". Please answer
by Friday, 9/3.
If the consensus is to stick with November, I will stick with November.
If the consensus is to delay until March, I will offer an SEC motion
by email ballot to formalize that decision.