From: rdlove@us.ibm.com [mailto:rdlove@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 5:42 AM
To: Tony Jeffree
Cc: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Bob Grow's proposed rewording of the ++PROPOSED RULE CHANGE
LETTER BALLOT

Tony, I suggested putting that sentence in to make it clear that a 50%
threshold
was needed for other motions.  I would not be adverse to state that number
explicitly and continue to soft peddle Robert's Rules. (It is mentioned
somewhere that in the absence of other rules of ours to the contrary, we
generally follow Robert's Rules.  I don't recall where and don't have the
time
now to locate the reference.)

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
Program Manager, IBM ACS - US
Chair IEEE 802.5 Token Ring Working Group
IBM
500 Park Offices                   Phone: 919 543-2746
P. O. Box 12195 CNPA/656           Fax: 419 715-0359
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA    E-Mail: rdlove@us.ibm.com

Tony Jeffree <tony@jeffree.co.uk> on 10/08/99 01:53:21 AM