Re: 30 day preview PARs for 802.3
Comments on 802.af:
1) In item 6, I recommend you change the wording of the first sentence from "Define methodology for the......" to "Define parameters for the....".
2) In item 6, I recommend you add "....with 802.3 interfaces." to the end of the first sentence.
3) In item 7, I recommend you insert "...802.3 interfaces...." in between "devices" and "enabled", yielding "To provide power for a new class of devices with 802.3 interfaces enabled by...."
Comments on 802.3ae
1) In item 6, I'm the phrase "Add features that enable deployment of Ethernet over the WAN..." strikes me as too vague. Can you crispen that up a bit? Why mention WAN at all? Suggested wording: "Define parameters compatable with existing SONET OC-192 and SDH VC-4-64c payload rates (insert actual rates here)."
2) In item 7, I recommend you replace the "802.3 nodes" with "802.3 interfaces"
3) In item 10b, is the SDO responsible for SDH-4-64c represented?
At 04:50 AM 10/8/99 -0700, Geoff Thompson wrote:
>Colleagues of the 802 Exec-
>As you know, 802.3 has 2 active Study Groups:
> Higher Speed Study Group (HSSG)
> Topic: 10 Gb/s Ethernet
> DTE Power via MDI
> Topic: Network Power for end stations via the RJ-45
>At the 802.3 Interim Meeting Series in York, England each of the study
>groups drafted a PAR and responses to the 5 Criteria for action at the
>November Plenary in anticipation of submittal for NESCOM approval at the
>next meeting of the SA Standards Board.
>The PAR and 5 Criteria is now available for your preview in preparation for
>the November meeting.
>HSSG draft PAR, please retrieve:
>HSSG draft 5 Criteria, please retrieve:
>DTE Pwr via MDI draft PAR, please retrieve:
>DTE Pwr via MDI draft 5 Criteria, please retrieve:
>We look forward to your support for the approval of these projects at the
>Exec in November. We will provide updates to the interest numbers in the
>Broad Market Potential slides at the November meeting.
>Thank you for your consideration. See you in Kauai!
>| Geoffrey O. Thompson |
>| Chair IEEE 802.3 |
>| Nortel Networks, Inc. M/S SC5-02 |
>| 4401 Great America Parkway |
>| P. O. Box 58185 |
>| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185 USA |
>| Phone: +1 408 495 1339 |
>| Fax: +1 408 988 5525 |
>| E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |
>| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at |