From Everett.Rigsbee@PSS.Boeing.com Wed Oct 27 16:14:07 1999
From: "Rigsbee, Everett O" <Everett.Rigsbee@PSS.Boeing.com>
To: stds-802-sec@ieee.org, 802 Howard Frazier <hfrazier@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: CD ROM Distribution
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:15:20 -0700

Howard,  Thanx for your suggestions, but that is not quite the way we do it.

  1) We need to get the voting members lists by Tuesday afternoon.
  2) We use these update the data base with the voting membership information by 1:00pm on Wednesday.
  3) We are then able to run a single list of all registered, WG voting members who are entitled to receive the CD-ROM, and we use this list as a signature sheet for those recipients.  There are no multiple lists to check !!!
  4) The distribution begins at 2:00pm on Wednesday.

I think the obvious improvement to the process is to eliminate the requirement for WG Voting membership.  Then we could hand out the CD-ROMs as part of the registration check-in starting Sunday night.  All registered 802 attendees would receive a copy of the CD-ROM and all the hassle of getting the database completely updated by Wednesday at 1:00pm would go away.

I think this process would help to reduce the deadbeats as well because those new folks would have some tangible benefit for submitting to the registration process.

Thanx,  Buzz
Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM