Re: FW: IEEE 802 & IPF

Jim -

To paraphrase, Steve seems to be saying on the one hand, "802 pulling out
will leave the rest of the community in the lurch" and on the other hand
"802 pulling out will mean no-one left in the US with any interest in this
activity".  So exactly what is the community that he thinks is being left
in the lurch?  What is he suggesting here? that IEEE 802 continue to pay a
tax to ANSI to support an activity that the US is no longer interested in?

Seems to me that the whoever is interested in the continuation of this
activity sould pay whatever is needed to support it.  That's a real quick
way to find out how interested they are.

Regards,
Tony