RE: +++ SEC Rules Change Ballot+++

Hi Paul (E),

The 30 days was kept sacred for the full ballot period of a draft. We even
took it to be 35.

It is not a time management issue from the side of the officers in the
Working Groups. It is more a matter that industry needs the standards at an
even higher pace and that we need to get results within plenary to interim
time-frames.

The original intent of the change came from me. It was only to (1) enable
electronic ballots in the working groups and remove the 5 days for postage
from the mandatory time the ballot had to be open and to (2) extent the
ballots for regulatory matters as those people ask industry to come back
within 30 days and then wait a year to respond. (But that is not always
their fault, there are so many barking dogs around that they have to prevent
them to bite)

But then people were not agreeing to my style of the change, hence this
extended time to get the change approved.

Vic