Re: suggested changes to 802 tutorial procedures

Geoff:

>Roger-
>
>My opinion.
>
>I really don't like any of this. It changes the gate keeper from the
>members of the Exec to the Chair of 802. The Exec is certainly a small
>enough group that we ought to be able to do filtering and assignment
>without an elaborate set of written rules.

Au contraire. The current gatekeeper of tutorials is Dawn Williams.
It's in black and white:

>6. APPROVAL AND CONFIRMATION:
>All official tutorial requests must sent to Dawn Williams at
>802info@ieee.org for final approval and confirmation

I generally have no idea what tutorials are coming until Dawn hands
me the schedule.

>The form should NOT be on the web. The form, if we must have it, is for the
>use of WG chairs rather than the use of J. Random Clueless who wishes to
>advertise in front of 802.

Mr. Clueless will see that the form needs to be submitted through an
SEC member.

Roger