RE: Revision of Item #1 of the Implementation Plan

Question:  What are the IEEE indemnification rules?

Comment: Assuming IEEE indemnification adds value for 802 participants, I'm
ok with releasing the names only under strict "not available for other
contact" condition.

--Paul Nikolich

At 09:48 PM 4/26/00 -0700, Rigsbee, Everett O wrote:

>Jim,  I don't understand the September 1 date.  Why wouldn't you wait
until January 1 when you would have the list of all participants for the
previous calendar year.  And what are they proposing to indemnify all these
people from ???  You don't sue the individual project members, if you don't
like one of their standards; you sue IEEE (who actually have some money to
go after).

>This sounds like a ploy to develop a major Spam List.  I would suggest we
vote to make the default category for all members the "not available for
other contact" unless they can provide us with some clear indication of
what benefits our members would derive from being on their list.